Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The beauty of brother and sister!


We often have country music on in the background at our house.  Today I was holding Miss B and wiggling her little hips to the music when Der took her hands and said ‘dance bookie baby’.  He wiggled his cute hips, held her hands....and they danced together.  Der followed the dance session by giving his sister a huge hug, and then another and another.  I held back tears as I watched my little boy truly enjoy his sister's company, and she was absolutely enthralled with him! 
Yesterday, on our way out the door Der pointed to the seat in the stroller next to him and said ‘Bookie Baby HERE’ with enthusiasm.  He wanted to make sure his sister would be sitting next to him!  And then after offering her his snack and water, he took her hand and held it for several minutes.  He adores his “Booka Baby”!!   I have been telling him that Baby Brooklyn is his best friend…and its already starting to look that way!  They are buddies.  He asks for her and many times she has been crying till she spots her brother and then her gaze is fixed on him and her problem forgotten.
There is something so special about the relationship between brother and sister.  I know because I had a wonderful big brother.  I remember how excited I got when I saw his car in the driveway which meant that he was home from college for the weekend.  I loved that he drove me home in high school and we would blast Dave Matthews Band from the car.  I remember lots of late night chats and the night we watched a scary movie home alone and both ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa out in the gameroom because we were so afraid (I think he was  17 and I was 15).  I have so many fond memories with him…and I wonder how he was with me when I was as little as Brooklyn is now.  I bet he was just as sweet!
I love family.  I love my family!  I am so grateful that God in His divine wisdom designed children to share parents and be brother and sister.  What a beautiful idea!  It added beauty to my growing up years and it added beauty to my day today watching my 20 month old and not even 4 month old dance, hand in hand!  BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment