Monday, January 23, 2012

Ordinary Days

My days seem very ordinary.  It is hard to distinguish one from another right now.  Aside for the cute things that Der does, or maybe an explosive, record setting poop that got everywhere (lovely, I know!), each of my days seems very much like the day before.  I find myself saying the same things, reading the same books, offering meals, changing diapers, folding laundry, picking up toys, playing pretend...

But...I like to think that it is in the ordinary things that my children will be extraordinary (or at least all that God intended them to be).  If I didn't stay home with them, I would miss so so many opportunities to love them and teach them.  Just when I find myself getting weary of these ordinary days, Der figures something out that we have been saying or doing for a while and I realize that all this repetition really matters!

So mommies out there...God has given you a monumental task, to teach, train, love and shepherd your children.  Your life will be full of ordinary days, but an extraordinary legacy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my favorite daughter. You are right to treasure the days with your children. Before long they will have gone from being little indians like Silver Leaf to mommies themselves. Thanks for brightening our days with your thoughts, your love, and your babies.

    ReplyDelete