Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pregnancy Update-14 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights (I copied this list from a friend-thanks Megan B)

How Far Along: 14 weeks tomorrow, Friday

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 4 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: none yet... but my shirts are fitting "differently" 

Gender: Not sure yet.... we find out at our next appointment (YAY!) which is May 9th (less than 4 weeks away!).  I have kinda thought GIRL from the beginning and Ryan refuses to guess.  We will be excited either way!!  A boy would be fun for Der to get to play with and a girl would be fun because of course we want one at some point.  :)  Either way, they will be so close in age, hopefully they will be really good friends.

Movement: I haven't felt anything yet, but i am looking forward to it!

Sleep: I haven't been sleeping well from the beginning.  It hard to say if its hormones or something else.  Some weeks are better than others.

Symptoms:  I only had one week of nausea this time, praise God! I have just been weary.  And I have had headaches the last week and a half (although not the last two days-yay!)

Cravings: CHEESE!  In any form... although grilled cheese has been a fav (which works great since this is one of Der's favorite too).  And last week I wanted a philly cheese steak so bad I made a special trip to Walmart (I couldn't even remember the last time I had one).  It was quite yummy.  My mom asked me this week if I have seen an Easter egg big enough to fit a philly cheese steak in..haha!  O, and I have been drinking lots of chocolate soy milk-yummm!

Best Moment this week: I had a check up on Monday and the doctor couldn't get the heartbeat on Dopler, so they checked on sonogram and my little one actually looked like a baby this time (it brought me to tears)   It was so special and made this whole thing more real (I was just sorry Ryan didn't get to see- he was home with our sick DerBear)  The baby's heart was beating at a speedy 154 beats per minute (it was 109 the first time, the 175 last time).  I guess it changes all the time.

Biggest change this week- I used to "remind" Ryan all the time that I was supporting three life systems (since I was still nursing Der).  But....as of last Sunday, Der has officially been weaned.  It made me kind of sad cause I really loved that cuddle time, but my OB wanted me to stop, plus my milk supply had gone way down since becoming pregnant.  All that to say, I can no longer claim I am supporting three life systems.  :)  Thankfully,  Der has adjusted great to the sippy cup.  This is just the first of many sacrifices he will have to make for his little bro or sis.  And Der has just started to crawl (its so cute to watch).  I said I would count it as a blessing if he didn't crawl until I made it through my first trimester....and he did exactly that!  I know my life is about to change big time!

Taken 4/1- I am 12 weeks (I didnt realize I was already showing this much until I saw this picture!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you popped fast! I'm 23 weeks and look not much bigger than you do in that pic. Many people still can't tell I'm pregnant, which is weird. Congratulations again, and I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for all 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete