Saturday, April 9, 2011

EXCITING NEWS!!

We are excited to say....we have another baby on the way!!!

On Sunday, January 30th, Ryan got back from his weekend away at youth camp.  His only warning was a text message that morning that I had a gift for him when he got home.  Apparently the thought actually crossed his mind...  When he excitedly rushed in to get Der from his nap, he immediately noticed the little man's outfit that read: Future Big Brother.  His response, you wonder...He shouted whooohooo.  Not what I was expecting  :)



A few hours before, after taking a pregnancy test (I thought something was "off" the day before), I almost missed it.  From a distance, I couln't see that extra, oh so important line.  I sighed with relief and picked up the test to throw away....and there it was.  Faint for sure, but clear.  Baby O II was on board!  We wanted our kiddos close in age, but we were thinking more like 2 years, not 16 months.  But God had other plans, and after much experience, we know that His plans are always best!  So, I think the shock has worn off (although, as I am starting to show, I feel like I am going through shock all over again every time I pass the mirror!) and we are very excited!  Babies are always a gift and God certainly wanted us to have this one :)  I am exactly 13 weeks 1 day today and so grateful and relieved to be in my second trimester.  We are due October 14th!

Since I didn't keep track well with Der, I thought I would do periodic pregnancy updates (I have a few friends doing this and thought it would be fun).  Hopefully they won't bore you....

1 comment:

  1. Exciting news for all of us. Looking forward to the next new O'Dowd, Baby O 2.
    Love,
    Meme and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete