Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It's funny how...

There are so many times that I dream of a day off.  Of peace and quiet.  Of time to myself.  A chance to pursue things that I really enjoy rather than cleaning dishes, washing clothes and changing diapers. 

I got my days off!  Less than two weeks ago I had strep throat and Sunday afternoon I got hit HARD by that nasty stomach bug that is going around.  And so...in the last 2 weeks, 3 of those days I spent quarantined in the bedroom.  Its very quiet in here...can't do dishes or laundry and no diaper changes.  Honestly, getting a break from those things has been a little nice (although I don't even want to see the condition of our house!)

But...all I wanted those days was to be with my family!  To be able to hear them laugh and enjoy all the silly little things my babies do.  I missed my little people!  

So, its funny how the thing I thought I really wanted, I don't want at all!  I pray that I would learn to be content in the days God gives me...that I would be content today...  Stuck in a room-by myself!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny because I so wish I had a day off! I remember back in early 2011 when we had all those snow days off school and I seriously laid in bed for days. I wish just one day I could lay in bed all day. I guess I better be careful what I wish for...

    ReplyDelete