Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pregnancy Update-17 weeks

How Far Along: 17 weeks, 2 days to be exact

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 8-9 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I have pretty much switched over to stretchy pants (as Ryan calls them) and mostly maternity shirts (although most still look like a tent on me).

Gender: We find out tomorrow!!!!  I am so excited to find out...do we have everything we need?  Or do we need to buy pink?!?  Either way, we are going to be so excited!  A boy to be best friend's with Der or a sweet girl (which we want one day!)  Any predictions?  :)

Movement: About a week and a half ago, I felt the first flutters and Ryan was able to feel them too :)  So fun!!  It's not every day that I feel the little one, but if I am still for a while and relax, then usually the little one wiggles a bit :) 

Sleep: Been better!  I am finally feeling a little more like myself and not having to nap every day anymore.

Symptoms:  Not many.... just the bulge sticking out from my shirt :)  No nausea or sleeplessness.  I have just been hot (and I know this is only the beginning).

Cravings: Hummm...nothing real strong.  But with it getting hotter....cold has been a preference.  I finished all the popsicles I bought for Der a few weeks ago when he was sick.  And I have been making lemonade and tea several times a week. 

Best Moment this week:The sweet mother's day roses and delicious breakfast in bed (homemade apple fritter pancakes), followed by a bath, that I already enjoyed this morning. 

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom!  I had no idea (and still don't) how challenging it is to be a mother.  I am just beginning to understand all the sacrifices you made for our family!  Thank you for being such an excellent example of a mom!  Love you!

And happy mother's day to all moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment